Thursday, August 16, 2007

Greatest Hits .02: Back from The Pink Room


Pink Lincolns


Some of you may wonder.. Why would Pink Lincolns be in the Greatest Hits and not a band of higher noterity that i've already posted? Well, the answer is quite simple: It's my blog and I pick the hits... If you don't like it, leave a nasty comment. Noone ever comments on here anyways.


The Pink Lincolns are from Tampa, Florida a mere spitting distance from my home in Orlando. They are still together and i've missed them play on numerous occasions starting at the age of 16. They're just one of those bands that I just cant seem to see play live. Back in the day it was a school night and now.. well, now I have no excuse.


Chris Barrows fronts the band and they've been playing since the mid-80's (and I thought I was old). From time to time Chris was known to hop on stage when a band was playing and join their set..He also fronted a band called Jackie Papers for a while who put out records on Lookout!.

Pink Lincolns have put out tons of singles, albums, comps, etc including splits with both The Queers and Screeching Weasel. Totally underrated and totally aggressive, snotty punk rock.


Pick Lincolns Website
Pink Lincolns Myspace

Songs:
Pink Lincolns - Stupid Me
Pink Lincolns - I've Got My Tie On
Pink Lincolns - Rats
Pink Lincolns - Tourist

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have seen them play a show in 95 or 96. Yeah I think you were at home grounded or some shit.

haha.
nathan.